Effective Date: May 8, 2019
This Privacy notice is for visitors to our website and users of our apps. It sets out how we use personal data that we hold about you and gives information on how to exercise your legal rights. In this notice ‘we’ and ‘our’ means Zenopolis (the trading name of David Kennedy) which operates this website and develops apps.
What personal data do we process?
If you communicate with us via our website form we may receive your email address and and name - along with any additional personal information you choose to divulge with the details of your comment or request.
If you communicate with us via email we will receive your email address and maybe your name (if you provide it) - along with any additional personal information you choose to divulge with the details of your comment or request.
We collect data about our website’s visitors using technology known as IP addresses.
For what purposes do we use this data?
- To respond to your communication. Only provide sensitive data if you are happy to consent to our using it to manage your enquiry.
- Improving the design, function and style of our apps or website.
- Informing you about products, services or promotional offers that you might find interesting if you have chosen to receive these type of communications.
- Managing website traffic. Your IP address is recorded to analyse website traffic. We remove this information within 25 hours.
We also log and use information about any service errors or interruptions that you have experienced in order to help us create fixes and to make technical improvements to our website
What is our legal basis for processing your personal data?
- We will only use your personal data for advertising and marketing if we have your specific consent to do so.
- The legitimate interest pursued by us to use the data provided by you so we can improve our products, for example recording and tracking app feature requests and bugs.
- The legitimate interest pursued by us to analyse our Website traffic in order to maintain the service, for example monitoring successful page loads or error messages.
How can you access and update your personal information?
You can update your personal information by contact our support email address.
You can ask for a copy of the personal information we may hold about you, or for your data to be deleted via the support email address.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
We will keep your information only for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose for which it was originally collected.
Who will we share your personal information with?
We reserve the right to disclose your personal information to comply with applicable laws and government or regulatory bodies' lawful requests for information.
We may also have to release information because of a legal requirement on us or pursuant to a court order.
Will your data be sent overseas?
Your personal data will only be stored or transferred within the UK.
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the data that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – you can ask for us to restrict the way we process your data.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to our processing your data where we are relying on a legitimate interest in order to process it.
- Right to withdraw your consent – you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Please note that these rights are not absolute and certain exemptions apply.
Exercising your rights, asking questions and raising concerns:
Please submit your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.